ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index ShadowFlare Forums
Communication between ShadowFlare Users

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

im online, who wants to play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G.T.O.D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: im online, who wants to play Reply with quote

yo hit me up i got eps 1-4 i got premiums if u want, or i can help u level, or if u cant join my gme host 1 and ill join
G.T.O.D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: join join Reply with quote

starting another game up right now who wants to join Very Happy
Drk1lucian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Episodes Reply with quote

Doesn't really matter what episodes you have. If you have 2 downloaded, you can't play with people who have 1, 3, or 4. Likewise if you have 1, you can't play with 2, 3, or 4. If 3, can't play with 1, 2, or 4. If 4 can't play with 1, 2, or 3.
Each episodes updates the item list, quests, and locations you can go, so cross coding the two by playing the two episodes together online would cause some serious damage to someone's game. Therefore, there are certain safety measures put in place by the ShadowFlare creators to prevent everyone from doing so.
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually play with other people if you have all four episodes and they only have 1 or 2. You just need to reinstall over what you have up to what they have.

Example. You have all four episodes installed and your friend only has 1 you can simply reinstall episode 1 over your current settings. All it will do is adjust what episode it has you considered as. You will also be able to play all four episodes on your own. The only thing to keep in mind is to not to go to any map outside of episode 1 or your friend will be booted from the game as they don't have the maps necessary for it.

Hope that makes sense?

Episode 1 is the bulk of the game. The next episodes are pretty much just new map areas etc...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drk1lucian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: summary Reply with quote

So basically... if you have episode 4, just run the setup for ep 2 again, and your game will run with other ep 2's?
Will you still be able to go to ep 4 area's by yourself?
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanted to go back to 2 you would have to install 1 and then 2 again. Basically from 1 to whatever episode you're trying to join. But yeah you can play in episode 4 still.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drk1lucian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: ah Reply with quote

Oh okay, I see. You have to re-download Episode 1 first because the setup for Episode 2 searches your registry for the string value 'Version', and if '2.1.0' isn't the value then it wont start the installation. Got it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: