ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index ShadowFlare Forums
Communication between ShadowFlare Users

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgerF53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Cheat codes? Reply with quote

I have a BUNCH of questions that are all somewhat related.

#1: I downloaded something called a "Trainer" for ShadowFlare from IGN, but I can't figure out how to make it work at all! I get a small window that opens, with three buttons, but there's no READ ME file whatsoever. There is supposedly GOD MODE with unlimited health, unlimited mana and fast leveling. I want to take some of my characters and bootstrap them so I can play with my pals online. Right now I'm getting my butt kicked! Anyone know how to work this thing?

#2: Is there anything for SF out there like the HERO EDITOR for DIABLO II? It looks to be very close to D II in the coding, but I'm no hacker. It would be nice to create some new items, and possibly even do some mods. Are there any plans to release the Game Engine so we can all screw around with it?

#3: If there are any such plans, I'd love to add better maps, ones that actually plot your path not just your location on an uterly useless map.

#4: There need to be far more buttons for all those frikkin doors that won't open! I've gotten so close to "sweeping" the goblins from the Cold Ruins, but there's ONE HOLE that I can't manage to get at. There's a BRAIN POST just on the other side of the wall, but no buttons anywhere to open the door. Same problem with some of the ruins. I'd have them cleared if only there were buttons to click to open the darned doors. This is so common I've come close to deleting the game out of sheer frustration. It seems to be either malicous intent or mere oversight.

#5: Red items--what's up with these? Some are obviously Quest rewards, but in addition to the gems and stones I've got drops of some very nice red steel armor, potent red iron plate, the witche's boots and a really sweet sword. Normally I associated red with danger or detriment, but all of these items are (for the most part) highly beneficial. Only one of my characters has got many of these items.

#6: Last question. Any way to TRADE items with either your other characters or with others online?
Trinity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to questions Reply with quote

Hope you don't mind my answers but here goes:
Q1 & 2: As difficult as it might seem at certain points, the challenge os SF is lost using hacked characters. There are editors available but if you use them, its the hacks that beat the game and not you.

Q3: The maps in SF are what they are. From the end of ep. 2 and beyond, the areas can be quite extensive but that is the way it is.

Q4: SF is an RPG game with puzzle solving as one of the main challenges.
Finding the right switch combinations, brain globes, open or close doors, is as much a part of the challenge as surviving while trying to level up. Many of them are quite interesting but thats where the forum comes in.

Q5: All items in SF will have colored text associated with them. Standard/ordinary items always have white text.
Magically enhaned items have blue text.
Premium level items are gold text.
Event/reward items are red text.
(When I had my monitor adjusted incorrectly, some colors appeared different)

Q6: There are several ways to trade items with yourself and others. There have been many posts on this in this forum already.
Review; On a PC, you can use multiple user accounts to dupe and trade with yourself.
On-line, its simply a matter of trading.

Sorry its so lengthy but wanted to try to help with all of your questions.

T
badgerF53

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Lengthy? Reply with quote

Not lengthy at all, Trinity. I often post entire pages of blather myself!!

I'm not looking to cheat per se, merely to jump a few levels so I can join my friends online.

Since I only have ONE account, and that's (for now) just the free episode, how could I have multiple accounts to trade with myself? Doesn't seem like I can "join myself" in an online game, since the IP I'd be hosting from would be the same as whatever I tried to join the game with.

Mailing items doesn't work, since while as of yesterday I do know where the SF SAVED GAME files are stashed, I still can't figure out which ones are the item files. Even if I could, wouldn't I need game program to open the game files anyway? I tried this with Diablo, and it wouldn't work without a hack editor. So trading/cloning /duping are all far beyond my feeble knowledge.

It's just too bad that ERASMUS won't release SF's game engine so we can create our own levels!

Thanx for trying to help, Trinity. I appreciate it.
Trinity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Items for self Reply with quote

I play on a PC running Windows XP Home. What I do is to create 2 user accounts; one as the main and the other as the secondary. I log inusing my primary user and start SF running as an on-line game/new without going through the lobby client. After that, I use the Windows key to pop the screen back to the desktop, and switch to the second user account. With the 2nd user, I again start SF using the same character to dupe items or another character to trade with myself. With the second account, select on-line/join, and type the IP address of your own computer. This will enable you to run 2 instances and allow you to trade items with yourself.

NOTE: If you do this to dupe items make absolutely sure you DO NOT log out the main user first! In summary:
1) Start sf with user 1
2)Switch user and start sf
3) drop items from user 2 then save and exit
4) Switch back to user 1, pick up items, save and exit

A bit time-consuming but allows self-duping and trading.

T
badgerF53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: One thing, tho... Reply with quote

How do I create a second account? That is a total mystery to me.

The rest is fairly simple, and you have certainly explained it well.
Once I understand how to create a second account
(which I take it would have the same characters?)
I'm fairly certain I can do it.

Thanx again, Trinity. They should make you a Moderator of this forum!
Dante_67

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he means a second account he means a second character.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

I thought he meant a second installation of SF. I have six characters.
Now, I tried to open a second game, both games running in separate windows, but only the first game would open. What am I not doing right?

Say for argument's sake that I get both games running, with myself as host. When my primary character drops an item in an online that I'm hosting, and a secondary character picks it up, it would be gone from my primary's inventory, right? The other character now has it...so if I exit and save with that character, how will my primary character still have a copy?

Sorry to be so dense. Just want to get this clear.
Scarlet_Witch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy Thats what i do : I Open the game for the second time by right clicking and choosing "start as" and then ok (This doenst require anoter user on the pc).So when the 2 games are open i make one join the other and it works perfectly Cool (U can see your ip in the esc menu so u can join) Then i just drop the item i want to duplicate or transfer to another char (Yes u can log with the same char to duplicate).Remember to create a back up of your save folder and then leave with the "joined char(s)" before leaving with the "host char".This works cuz when the host leaves after the joined the save u made by the "joined" is forgotten since now the host got something new and the game thinks the "joined" never entered the online game so both keep the item.Hope i was clear and helpfull...cya Wink
badgerF53

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Where R the Saved Game files? Reply with quote

Dense again, but I'm barely able to turn my computer on~ (Where's the "ANY" key?"-Homer) so if you could point me at the place here my Saved Games are stored, I do know how to make a back-up! Seriously, I've looked but have yet to find them. I expected them to be in my ShadowFlare folder, but since I don't know the suffix code, I'm flying blind here. This is a bit different from Diablo--I know how to install mods and everything for that game.

Anyone out there working on a MOD for SF?
Trinity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: More on Self-Duping/trading Reply with quote

Yes, it only takes one installation of SF and one character. The trick, if you call it that, is two USER accounts on the same pc. I have 6 characters in my new save list and just trade back and forth with myself to enable me to hold my entire item collection.

Save file should be in the following:
C:/Program Files/Shadowflare/Save

Good advice above aboute ALWAYS backing up your save file before you do anything out of the ordinary.

I can put the exact steps for creating user accounts in Fringes since it is NOT SF related.
badgerF53

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Trinity Reply with quote

I copied your post in FRINGES and will give it a try.
Scarlet_Witch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again...As i already mentioned u dont need to create another account or anything in your pc...just open a normal game and then click with the right button on the game's shortcut and select the 2nd option (which i think is "open/start as...") and then ok.Now u got two games in the same windows user Cool To make a back up of your saved games just copy the save folder (C:\Program Files\ShadowFlare\Save) to another place Razz
cya Wink
EDIT: This mode only works after u open and close a game before doing it again to open the 2nd.Kinda weird to explain but works perfectly after u do it Idea
Ummmmm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i beated the game when i start the game i hav 2 bils and lv 100 after 5 mins of lvin anyone want gold pm me Rolling Eyes
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmmm wrote:
i beated the game when i start the game i hav 2 bils and lv 100 after 5 mins of lvin anyone want gold pm me Rolling Eyes

Wow, that's too bad. I hope someday you can find a game you can play. Otherwise all that sounds like is you wasted your time downloading it just to do what exactly?
Download / edit character to 100.... ummm... now what? Expect everybody to oh and awwww! look at the guy that can't play the game and needed to edit his character less than five minutes into it.. lol
When did playing a game as intended become too much for people to handle? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scarlet_Witch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmmm wrote:

ZOMG Laughing LOL Laughing that was kinda sad xD...w/e...
Geronisul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They pull someones leg turned out to be the very first two medicines that may come up to your health care provider mind if you off speaking more destructive thoughts, emotions of being toute seule and buy diazepam. You may bring to an end your anxiousness and concavity from attaining a severe progressive stage in box you are appointed whichever of these benzodiazepines at right note in time. Valium, the two most traditionally prescribed lesser tranquilizers are thought to be of great help as one begins falling intimidate to panic attacks and depressive disorder. There isnt a question on the extraordinary success that and Valium be undergoing achieved in a short time span.
Geronisul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When captivating buy ambien online you must plan for at least 7 hours of catnap. Memory problems are also possible if you get up too some time after taking this medication. This panacea is supposed to be taken for a short period of swiftly a in timely fashion only usually two weeks. Your drowse problems are most likely to go away after this pro tempore and you will be able to go back to sleeping without fetching any medications. Make sure you do not take this panacea for longer than recommended, as Ambien can enlarge on an addiction and tolerance. This means you may not advance from the treatment as much as you were at the source of it.
Bombee

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Save File Reply with quote

I can't seem to find where my save it its not in the save folder...
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be .ssv files in your save folder. Those are you character save files. 0000.ssv would be the character in the first slot, 0001.ssv would be the second etc...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kriss103

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit, TestRatt, don't you ever get bored of posting here? I feel like we're the only ones who even think of browsing this forum.. Sad I wish I had all episodes, but I'm stuck with EP1 Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: