ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index ShadowFlare Forums
Communication between ShadowFlare Users

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lobby Connection Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Download/Installation support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gigi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Lobby Connection Problem Reply with quote

Though this isn't concerning Download/Installation, this is the closest I found to a technical problems board, so I'm posting here Smile

I can't seem to be able to join lobby games anymore (meaning it used to work). Every time I try to join a game, it keeps writing:

Quote:
Network connection error!
Please check if your IP address and
version of the game is correct.

Please contact our support center if you continue to have problems.

I have all 4 episodes installed (the games I've been trying to join have all been "2.004.000" - same as me!) and my internet connection seems fine.

Any ideas?

As of June, 2012 I will no longer be visiting these forums. Good luck to you all!
Gigi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been almost a month now and I'm still getting this error. I've tried redownloading the lobby client.

I'm doing network > refresh, double-clicking the game I wish to join, "OK", Load Game, Online Mode, Join Game, the little icon beside Host IP Address box, and "OK".

If I refresh after it fails, the number of computers connected goes up by one, as if I succeeded in joining.

It used to work like this...

Ideas anyone?

As of June, 2012 I will no longer be visiting these forums. Good luck to you all!
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to join the same persons game you use to join every time? Because if you weren't you had the best luck of anybody I'd ever met since when I use to try joining games even back when this game was a little more active I had a 10% success rate.

All I'm saying is this game was never any good for hosting games. Have you tried hosting any games yourself to see if anybody joins?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gigi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always try to join whatever game I find, so it's pretty much random.

I used to be able to get in almost every time, the only problem I had was excessive lag.

People have joined before when I made games, but they always left after confirming that I don't speak spanish, portuguese, japanese etc. Once I started writing "English speaking players ONLY!" in the game title, people stopped coming Razz

S...!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: RPG Reply with quote

http://www.mpogd.com/
Someone rated ShadowFlare as 8 and then I got registered to this website and I rated my ShadowFlare as 10. I love ShadowFlare and I love and enjoy playing it. For a long time I didn't get the confirmation mail and I had to wait. Very Happy
You know what? I didn't play ShadowFlare for more than a year. May be a couple of years - may be more than that - I don't remember - I can't keep track of time - My memory is too bad and I can't pay attention to anything properly. I had PC and internet problems but all that is going to change in the near future and I will be back playing ShadowFlare. I love ShadowFlare music, it's the best of the best. I also love InuYasha wind theme. I couldn't stop listening to InuYasha's wind theme again and again.
私ShadowFlareが大好きです。
Actually I couldn't log on to the above mentioned web site so ( I didn't get the confirmation mail ) I signed up with another name ( again - with different name ) and then posted my rating 10 for ShadowFlare.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S...!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RPG Reply with quote

S...! wrote:
http://www.mpogd.com/
Someone rated ShadowFlare as 8 and then I got registered to this website and I rated my ShadowFlare as 10. I love ShadowFlare and I love and enjoy playing it. For a long time I didn't get the confirmation mail and I had to wait. Very Happy
You know what? I didn't play ShadowFlare for more than a year. May be a couple of years - may be more than that - I don't remember - I can't keep track of time - My memory is too bad and I can't pay attention to anything properly. I had PC and internet problems but all that is going to change in the near future and I will be back playing ShadowFlare. I love ShadowFlare music, it's the best of the best. I also love InuYasha wind theme. I couldn't stop listening to InuYasha's wind theme again and again.
私ShadowFlareが大好きです。
Actually I couldn't log on to the above mentioned web site so ( I didn't get the confirmation mail ) I signed up with another name ( again - with different name ) and then posted my rating 10 for ShadowFlare.

I searched for the problem you mentioned above and I got to visit this website. I did type this earlier but some I missed it and today when I came back to check for any updates I found part of my message missing.

Kerestem a problémát, akkor a fent említett és én kaptam meglátogatni ezen a weboldalon. Tettem ezt a korábbi típus, de néhány tévedtem, és ma, amikor jöttem vissza, hogy ellenőrizze az esetleges frissítéseket találtam része az üzenetemet hiányzik.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gigi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, I don't quite understand what any of that has to do with my problem.

Oh, and please don't use google (or any other) translator, it really sucks (just try translating something to english and you'll see what I mean), and I understand English perfectly well.

Drk1lucian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Connection Error Reply with quote

Here you can see why majority of the time, shadowflare wont connect to other players.
LordChaOs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've recently purchased the game am attempting to host or join
with my friend who hasn't purchased the game but is using the free
USER CD key that is easily found online ...

I can't seem to be able to join or have him join me in a game
though we have the same version, and not the same cd key...
either using the lobby client or without...
despite the fact that I can see when him using the lobby client
and he can see when I start a game and he hits refresh...
have tried with my ip in the corner of the top right and with my own ip
all the ips possible .... I always get the same message..

Quote:
Network connection error!
Please check if your IP address and
version of the game is correct.

Please contact our support center if you continue to have problems.

I have all 4 episodes installed (the games my friend hosted all been "2.004.000" - same as me!) and my internet connection seems fine.

Any ideas?
Do we both need to have our own cd key .. meaning have to purchase twice? or is there maybe some other reason it might not be working..
please help!
S...!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: I would like to help... Reply with quote

I'm no longer playing this amazing game. I'll play it again... the only thing is I'm too busy with my studies... I want to resolve such issues but have no clue what so ever. Long ago when I played online I had no problem with 56K connection... now I've 512KBPS and have no time to play... My bad! Too bad! Sorry for myself...
Drk1lucian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you will both need your own CD key's to play along with each other. I haven't played in a while either, as i've beaten the game long long ago, but yea, you'll need your own CD key's. I'll pm you something really quick.
Gigi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else having this problem, just go to START -> RUN, type in regedit, press F3, type in shadowflare, then keep pressing F3 repeatedly until you get to a page that shows the InstalledPath, Language, LicenseKey, User, and Version.

If you have a ripped key, double click LicenseKey and replace the Value data with 16 random letters and numbers, then double click User and change the Value data to a bogus address. That should fix most problems with same key / user collisions.

If you don't have all the episodes but want to play with someone who does, change the Version to 2.4.0. Stay on the maps that belong to your current version though, else you'll crash.

And I recommend reading my post and joining the xFire community I made for those who get fed up with the lobby client =)

( I haven't been around recently as my computer died and I lost all my characters, but the more people join, the likelier you'll find someone to play with! )[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Download/Installation support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: