ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index ShadowFlare Forums
Communication between ShadowFlare Users

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fort of Thieves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode Two
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Fort of Thieves Reply with quote

I've been trying everything I can possibly think of, and I can't even get past the first door to the Fort of Thieves. I feel really stupid about it, but for some reason I just can't get it. Can anyone clue me in on how to open the first door? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is your name Angus Lo.
Angus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, Angus is just what people call me in real life. Not my real name, though.

Anyway, I found out that you're supposed to talk to the guy in the forest, but everytime I've talked to him it gives me no response. So essentially, it doesn't work because he doesn't respond to clicks, otherwise it would've worked in the first place because I'd seen him before. Is there something else you have to do first to get him to talk or something because I can't seem to get it to work for me. Any help?
Murka88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember u need to do SOMETHING for making that guy talk to u
but DAMN!!! i don't remember what... Laughing Embarassed Crying or Very sad
lucky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Forest of Knight's Misery there is a emblem southwest (more south then west) and you can step on and it will teleport you to the back way for entrance.
lucky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to look for a lever to throw.
joesean

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Just finished that exact area not 20 minutes ago so your lucky its dtill freash in head..
Wizard Kirushutat must first tell you to go get the Seal Crystal after going through tower of the wizard then goto to The NPC Kadaro what he does is unlocks the back door to the "fort of thieves" the big seal to the west. But you know that
1. See wizard 1st to tell you to get the seal crystal
2see Kadaro should unlock it then

I tried to flip my dog on the switch tried to get lucky Hint flip your dog anyway over the door you cant open right now and kill off the drawfs it will save time when you come around (if you pooch is strong)

Good luck
my msn joesean77 AIM is joesean72 if you got any questions May not respomd right away got shadowflare running in background
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lucneo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey does une give mi the ep2 please!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wombat3
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, I believe you posted in a thread asking that before, and were told by several people that the official forum is the dumbest place you could pick to ask that. except maybe emailing the company that made ShadowFlare and asking them for it Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it; it still doesn't work! I go all through the Tower of Wizards and the wizard at the top just says "Oh, you're a warrior? Sorry, I'm too busy." Does that mean I have to change my profession before I can do the Fort of Thieves? Because Kodaro still says absolutely nothing when i click on him.

I don't get it.
joesean

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Fort of Thieves Reply with quote

If you want we could have a go around at it online together Have you destroyed Everyone in the forest of Claws and got your reward??

Last edited by joesean on Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tim

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is kadaro? i cant find him.
Skillzz777

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with the wizard, it says "Oh, your a warrior? sorry im busy." Does anyone know how i can talk to him?
StarOfStar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: ?????????????????????????? Reply with quote

Well... I have the same problem, but i think we have to be Wizards before we can talk to wizard... Its gonna be hard way to get back warrior, trust me, i have been accidently wizard and it taked me many Hours to get back warrior. WARNING! If you gonna be Wizard, you can to Warriors specially hit ( 3x Combo), You can do only 1x Combo -.- And magic hits are not bretty strong either... So can anyone just say the right answer, how to GET TO OTHER SIDE WITHOUT BEING A WIZARD?? OR IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY? Sorry the caps =)
Drk1lucian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Start of Episode 2: Kanfore to Fanann. Reply with quote

Okay, sorry if I repeat things that have already been said, but I just went through this, and since people are still having questions about the Wizard guy, Ill just tell you what I've done from start of Episode 2, to the point I'm up to, which is the next city. At any point you -can- stop reading, so if you wanna call this cheating, or a spoiler, or something like that, then you obviously wouldn't have been on this thread in the first place, so hush. =P

1. Get to Kanfore
Basically it's a straight shot walk. Avoid the mobs if you want, doesn't matter. If you're rather low leveled, I'd suggest taking the extra time to wipe them out on your way.
2. Speak to everyone in the city
Yea I know, a boring task. Read the storyline, it helps you figure out where to go and what you're actually doing. Don't forget, just because you've talked to an NPC once, doesn't mean they don't have more to say.

==Walk-through==
(If something's wrong, don't shoot me. I can't remember every little detail having only just done this, and only having done it once, not to mention being completely lost 99% of the time while doing it.)

Since the guard "Kyle" is one of the main NPC's here, I spoke to him first. After several clicks, you speak to Kurt. By that time you should have a quest that tells you to destroy the thieves that could end up stealing supplies.
-'Destroy thieves staying SE of Kanfore.
A group of thieves to the southeast of the coal mine is aiming at the town's supplies.
Find the group of thieves staying to the southeast of Kanfore.
'-
Obviously you go SE of Kanfore to the "Forest of Claws" To the far right of the area you'll come to a little gap/walkway and it's fenced off. You have to clear the entire Forest of Claws area of all life not past that gate for it to open. (At least I did, so if it's not broke, don't fix it.) Once it's gone, go in wipe out that area as well. Quest completed, use your handy little teleport spell, and back to Kanfore you go.
(Note: Just like when you turn the game off, or save and go back to title screen, the mobs in this area will return, and yes, the gate will be back, but it's no longer necessary to clear it out once you finish that quest.)
Once back in Kanfore, speak two the two, Kyle and Kurt. You should end up with a new quest, "Head for the Mining Tunnel of Yuguanos."
-'Investigate the mining tunnel of Yugunos.
The mining tunnel is by Dragon Road, far west of the Village of Elves.'-
Here we make our way South out of the city into the Forest of Four Leaves. From there go West throughout the forest and make your way to the southern edge through the gates into Cross Agora.
First thing you see after walking South a bit is a teleporter. Be sure to activated it cause it makes this part of the game so much easier. From here go west and south to the far bottom left corner of the map. You'll find the gate inaccessable, so you talk to the guy infront of it, Garshwin. He tells you that only military can go through, so naturally we go talk to the military.
Teleport back to Kanfore, and speak to Kyle and Kurt. Here you get the quest "Meet with the wizardKirushutat."
-'Meet with the wizard Kirushutat.
In order to enter the Village of Elves, you have to see the Wizard Kirushutat who is familiar with the seal facilities and ask him to persuade the elves.
Go to the Tower of the Wizard, which is in the inner part of the Forest of Spirits, after going to the east of Cross Agora. Meet with the Wizard Kirushatat.
'-
Alright, obviously we're going to Cross Agora again. Hurray for teleporters! Catch a ride into Cross Agora and head basically straight down to the gates that lead to 'Forest of Spirits'. Once in, basically go down till you hit the solid line of trees, and then to the right, and then down again. Here you'll find another teleporter, and the Tower of the Wizard. Climb through the levels to the 10th floor, being sure to clean house, and ridding every floor of it's monster problem. Talk to the wizard, and to your amazement, he doesn't say he's busy! Blah blah, short conversation, something about a crystal being stolen by thieves, dragons, and elves. Yay! Another quest!
-'Take back the Seal Crystal.]
A group of thieves stole a crystal that is a key for the Seal Facilities.
The Fort of Thieves is located in the Forest of Knight's Misery, which is to the west of Cross Agora.
Take back the crystal from the group of thieves!
'-
Uh.. yea. Forget walking back. Waaay too friggen far. Teleport yourself back to Kanfore, speaking to the merchant if you wish, fixing damage and identifying any and all items you may have picked up along the way. Be sure to grab some gold to take with you as well. A stack of 8,000 or more should be fine. Leaves room for pick-ups. Grab the teleporter to Cross Agora. Follow the short path to the left and slightly upwards for a breif moment to get to the gates to "Forest of Knight's Misery". The easiest possible way to get to where you need to go in here, is hug the wall to your right. Follow it up and once it stops going up, follow it left. Top left most corner of the area you'll find another teleporter that you'll activate obviously, and the Fort of Thieves. Go inside, clearing out the area.
----
Here's where everyone seems to be stuck at: 2 doors, 1 accessable switch that opens the furthest door. Okay, before you start to let those gears start turning; no, your dog doesn't work on this switch, so hurling him across 2 estimated 10 foot walls, just hit the switch, opening the furthest door, click the door that wont open, ...just because it makes a funny noise, and then walk back outside. Hug the wall to your left, killing any and all who get in your way, and you'll come to the pedestal marker on the ground. Remember where this is. Continue hugging the wall in the direction you were going and in the next downward area, you'll find Kadaro, the guy who normally never talks. Now he's a chatterbox. Pay him 200 gold, (it's actually more than that, I think, cause i had about 316 gold when i first went to him, and it kept saying i didn't have enough.) and he'll tell you about the symbol on the ground, and to step on it. Reverse directions and hug that wall you just came from back to the symbol. =D Yay, let's spit on it from afar before we step on it! D= Mean symbol.. making us talk to the diranged money hungry lunatic before you'll start working. Any who, in your final strut, walk on the symbol, and poof, "Fort of Thieves, a back street". This place is litterally made of levers. Grr.. stupid levers. Almost as bad as symbols.
Go south, click the first lever, make your way around, go through the open doorway, destroy everyone, click the lever on the furthest left, make your way around, through the open doorway, first room has a healing monolith and two chests, back out the room continuing on down the hall way area, through the next doorway. (note to self, remind everyone there's big friggen ogres with huge axes in here that hurt.) Keep following through the area till you get to a set of stairs, and up you go. Walk around and you'll find the lever that was normally out of reach. Click it, ...cause you know it pissed you off earlier. Click the hell out of it.. just make sure when you're done that it's turned on so the first door way is opened. Continue on down the hallway, 3 blue button things on the floor. Click the outermost 2, leaving the middle one blue, and turning the clicked one's red. Walk through the doorway, and go straight, following the area since the door's are locked, until you get to the two chests and the switch. Walk back and go through the first open doorway you see. Walk around the walls hugging the outer most all, ignoring the chest in the middle area and you'll come upon a little area with a small hallway and a locked door, and in the corner of the area is a weird box looking thing with 4 arrows poinging outwards. Step on the thing, and you get teleported to the otherside of the previously mentioned little hallway's locked door. KILL EVERYTHING. Tahdah, one of the blue thieves drop the box you want. Yea i know, this room's filled with blue buttons. No worries, just walk around clicking all of them. 2 near the doorway, one on the right hand wall, one in the middle hugging the + like wall structure, and one in the far corner. The door opens and you walk back out. Turn left and click the lever, opening the door you can see on the other side of the wall. Now backtrack your way back around this floor, glancing at the white chest in the middle, straight after you walk through the doorway, around the corner, and up. Through the newly opened doorway, and grab your deserved white chest's spoils. (I got a rare orange item out of it called 'Armor'. Yea... very original.) Now get your butt outta there.

Teleport back to Kanfore, and do what you need to. Heal up, repair, and identify. (The orange item was Mithril Plate, an okay item for lvl 34 requirements. ...if you're level 34 that is.) Once done, grab the teleporter to Forest of Spirits, scoot to your right, and go back inside to talk to the Wizard. You can now go through the gate that normally wouldn't let you cause you weren't in the military. Teleporter to "Cross Agora", and go south. (Bottom left corner of screen if you forgot.) Talk to the uptight elf if you want, and he lets you through. ^^ Yay, now you're in Fanann, Villag of Elves.

Note: There's a side quest-line back in Kanfore. It has to do with the medicine that cures everyone's sickness or something. basically it involves a lot of talking to people, and walking, and you don't actually get anything from it, so.. it's up to you whether or not you do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode Two All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: