ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index ShadowFlare Forums
Communication between ShadowFlare Users

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OMG I found a bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode Three
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandrake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: OMG I found a bug Reply with quote

Transferring items to the Giant Warehouse (money Confused ) I happened to right click on the bag of coins.
This froze the game and all I could do was end the programme :- had been playing for about 15 hours - LOST THE LOT Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Bluuhhhh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things: first, you should save regularly. Go to the menu, select "Save and return to title", click No to "return to title", and keep playing. Second, it's probably not a bug unless you can repeat it several times. Maybe your computer crashed on its own? Windows has a tendency to crash somewhat frequently Razz
Mr.Chaos
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed that the game hangs if you right click on money. But it does not crash! You actually can change the amount of money listed now, but only reduce the value. You cannot increase your cash this way. after changing the value or if you don't want to change it, just hit [enter] and the game keeps going as normal.

But I agree that it is a bug, you should not be able to do this.
By the way, I spotted this bug in ep 1, the only ep I have. (although I intend to get ep 2 soon)
wombat3
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the purpose of this is so you can drop a specific amount of gold. you type in the number you want to drop, hit enter, then you can make a seperate gold pile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bluuhhhh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wombat's right. It's no bug at all; it's truly a useful feature. If you want to drop less than 10k gold, it's the only way to go.
JSinMD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a bug about the money, too. When I drop money on the ground (which I always have to do since you get so MUCH money), and if someone is walking around (like the little girl that talks about the smart oranges), the game hangs up. It took me awhile to realize that my character was actually moving, but extremely slow. Once the character gets out of the money area, the game goes back to normal. I shut down the game several times before I realized that it would unlock eventually, and it was really a pain. Now I make sure the money is in an area where no one is around and it seems OK.
Bluuhhhh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dropped gold all the time, in single or multiplayer, with and without people nearby, and have never seen that happen. So it's not a game bug, but probably something funky about your installation of it. Maybe try reinstalling SF?
bikethor4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: OMG I found a bug Reply with quote

[quote="Mandrake"]Transferring items to the Giant Warehouse (money :? ) I happened to right click on the bag of coins.
This froze the game and all I could do was end the programme :- had been playing for about 15 hours - LOST THE LOT :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]

i have a hole shoot load of cash i have to through like 10 stacks of 10k like all the time. i can give you a lot if you would like just name the time the place and what time zone you in then set a date.
Empaligon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually when a game lags like that its either the vb script that gets errors, in that case reinstall your game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Tips - Episode Three All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: