ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index ShadowFlare Forums
Communication between ShadowFlare Users

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lobby Client problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Download/Installation support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megaxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Lobby Client problem Reply with quote

hello, im new i downloaded the game yesterday, and i download lobby client too, but my shadow flare is version 2.001.000 and when i refresh the list at lobby client is appears version 2.002.000 and 2.004.000. when i try to connect it tells me "the game version is incorrect". Plz can some1 tell me if theres a patch so i can play with other people? Thank you.
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is set up so you can only play with people that have the same episodes installed.
2.001.000 = episode 1
2.002.000 = episode 2
etc....

So you'll only be able to join the episode one games until you buy the next episodes.
You can always try hosting your own game in the lobby client if it works I'm sure somebody will jump on. Just note that not everybody is successfull in being able to host joinable games. There's always be lots of firewall issues and such. So don't be surprised if nobody isn't able to get into yours or you get a "network connection" error when you try joining someone elses even though they're running the same episode (version) as you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
megaxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, you mean that to find episode one servers, i need to have at least episode two?
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No those games you see on the lobby client are games players are hosting themselves. You just have to wait until someone with episode one wants to start up a game.
There's no official game that's being run by the makers of the game that is running all the time. This game is only set up so only four players can be in any one game at a time anyway.
Basically what I'm saying is when you checked there just happened to be nobody with your episode currently hosting a game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
megaxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thank you for all the answers.
megaxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the double post, but i found a ep1 server, and when i try to join, it gives me "during game play" can you tell me how can i solve this plz? thank you
megaxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i clicked 2 times in submite i had to edit! dont ban me plz! Crying or Very sad
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megaxx wrote:
Sorry i clicked 2 times in submite i had to edit! dont ban me plz! Crying or Very sad

Don't worry I don't think there's been many moderators on this forum in months or longer. lol
Just so you know if you accidently double post you should be able to delete the last one as long as nobody else replies before that. There should be a little (x) to the right of the edit button that would delete it.

Anyways, I don't believe I've ever seen that error message before. Almost sounds like you tried joining a game on the lobby client when you had the game currently running maybe?
Don't have the game going when you try and join the games in the Lobby Client. Once you go to join the game it launches shadowflare and gives you your normal game options. Only thing different is that when you click the online options there should be a little box next to the IP area that should have the IP address of the game host on the lobby client to pick from to join.
megaxx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now i understand. Thank you alot! Smile
sicfactory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the all episodes... I want to know that can I play on server ep.1 or ep2 ??
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only on ep 4 servers if you have them all installed. You can reinstall ep 1 thru 3 depending on what server you wanted to join over what you currently have. You'll still be able to play in ep 4 areas after that but it'll consider you ep 1 or whatever for the online stuff.
Just keep in mind if you have other ep's installed that other players don't have you'll either crash the game if enter a map area they don't have if you're hosting the game. Or if they're hosting and you try and go to those areas it'll boot you from the game.
sicfactory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sux Confused .It will be easyer to play together no mather whit what version you are
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I never found this game to be very online friendly. Only thing I used the online stuff for was to dupe items.
sicfactory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dupeing items but on other games. Tell me how that works here
TestRatt
Posting Freak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever duped items on Diablo II? It's the same method.
sicfactory

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i have. But with some program or something ?
On DiabloII i have DUPEHACK Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShadowFlare Forums Forum Index -> Download/Installation support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: